Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tape Art

I did not want to slack off during the last week of school.  I have been so proud of the hard work that my students have displayed, especially considering that they changed art teachers mid-year!  It's so easy to pop in a cool DVD or allow "free draw" time, but I wanted to send my students into the Summer thinking of something cool.. enter Tape Art!
I created a PowerPoint showcasing the various uses of tape and we also discussed Positive and Negative space. This is a great one-to-two day lesson, depending on your medium and your class time.


I will now acknowledge that schedules do get crazy and are unpredictable with the planning of end of the year events (assemblies, classroom parties, picnics, etc) so I was glad we had a chance to complete this fast and exciting project!

No comments:

Post a Comment