Saturday, February 9, 2013

Art in the 'Music City'

I confess that I have been swamped with work since the holidays, and sadly that means that my blog has been suffering!  Among the craziness has been my preparation for an upcoming art show.  This March we will be having a county-wide art show at the nationally acclaimed Frist Center for the Visual Arts in downtown Nashville!  Last year's show was beautiful, but I think this year's will set a whole new bar for the years to come.
The county's elementary schools are busy collecting twelve pieces each (2 from each grade level) to have on display as a representation of their school's art program.  Middle and High Schools are busy collecting work as well, though their number of pieces vary.  The artwork that I have chosen from my students is awesome x3, though of course I'm biased!  All work is due this week, below is a photo of the goodies all packed up and ready for transport.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment