Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Throwback to Spring Happenings; Artsonia!

This year I have jumped all in to the awesome world of Artsonia!  Artsonia is a great resource for teachers who are looking for a way to keep track of student artwork and growth through digital portfolios.. OR for teachers who are looking for a user friendly method of fundraising.. OR both!  

I signed up for Artsonia last year, but never really put forth much effort since I had so many kiddos and so many things on my daily checklist.  Honestly it just seemed overwhelming.  This year though, I had a special Art teacher friend who helped show me the ropes and got me feeling comfortable and open to the functions of the site. 


If you are not yet familiar with Artsonia, I recommend you give it a try and wander around.  I hear lots of compliments from parents and grandparents who do not get to see their children's artwork everyday due to distance, travel, military placement, divorce, or other scenario.  These digital portfolios bring families together and hey, if they purchase something, a portion of the proceeds goes to support your school's art program!  Woohoo!  


 * And lookie loo, my school ended the year as #2 in the state of Tennessee and #12 in the US.  Not too bad, huh?  My bud, Crystal, took the #1 spot in Tennessee, so I cannot be too upset about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment