Sunday, June 8, 2014

Summer Art, Here We Go!

Tis the season of cleaning up the stubby crayons, the empty paint dishes, consolidating paint bottles Before the last day of school, I tell my students to continue their art throughout the Summer.. start a journal, keep sketches, take photos, visit museums, etc.  Maybe I should start a Summer Sketchbook packet of drawing prompts.  Has anyone tried this before?  There are so many great ideas out there, I may need to do some research first. 

I posted the above drawing from one of my Kindergarten friends.. looks like he was ready for a Summer vacation too (he drew the two of us at the beach)!

As I have mentioned before, I have the privilege of giving private art lessons to several students throughout the year.  Since most of these young artists do not go to my school, I love that I get to see them more often during the Summer months.. instead of a once or twice a month visit, for example, we typically can see each other once a week!  This week we are drawing and painting beloved canine friends.. specifically, their canine friends!

The first two unfinished pieces are of the girls' beautiful Boxer.. they are in 2nd grade and 4th grade. 
The finished piece is of a Schnauzer.. she is in 2nd grade.   

No comments:

Post a Comment